This is perfect for summer entertaining, best served with wine.
- About 300g smoked angelfish / snoek
- OR 2 cans smoked mussels
- 125ml sour cream
- 125ml creamed cottage cheese
- 50ml horseradish sauce (optional)
- 50ml mayonnaise
- Juice and rind of 1 small lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Remove the skin and bones from the fish and flake (if using mussels, mash). Add all the other ingredients and mix well together. If using electric blender, be careful not to over process. Spoon into a dish and refrigerate. Just before serving, garnish with lemon twists and parsley.
Serve with homemade bread or crackers.